I am not a big fan of New Year's resolutions. I've made them in the past - many, many times, and then disappointed myself when I didn't fulfill them. Maybe I didn't try hard enough, but I feel like it's difficult to make promises, with the utmost confidence and resolve, that you are supposed to keep ALL YEAR LONG when the reality is that things change. Situations change. Life gets in the way. That's not a cop out, at least not to me. So instead of making resolutions and setting myself up for disappointment, I am giving myself some personal challenges for 2013. I do better at challenges anyway. I'll chalk it up to my highly competitive (with myself) nature and see how many I can meet over the coming year. Bring it on, 2013!
1. I will complete my 200 hour yoga teacher training program.
2. I will begin teaching yoga this year in some capacity.
3. I will continue to run 2-3 times per week. (Flexibility here is the key for me, especially in the first half of the year while I'm focusing on the yoga training.)
4. I will make healthy choices EVERY SINGLE DAY. This applies to food, exercise, rest, and whatever my body and mind needs.
5. I will get a minimum of 8 hours of sleep each night - preferably 9. I've learned the hard way that my body needs at least 8 hours to function at max capacity.
6. I will strive to always be a positive influence on those around me, and remember to be supportive, encouraging, empathetic and grateful.
2012 is going to be very hard to beat, but I have a feeling that 2013 just might be one of the best years, ever. I am looking forward to some huge personal growth with my yoga teacher training, and I'm REALLY looking forward to sharing the gift of yoga with some of you in the 2nd half of the year. Happy New Year!