Monday, September 5, 2011

Rainy days and Mondays don't get this scrappy chick down!

I did my 3 miler in the rain this morning.  Decided it was best to go ahead and get it over with before the storms hit.  It felt sooooo good.  70 degrees, rain just heavy enough to keep me cool but not so much that I couldn't see, and hardly anybody else on the trail/sidewalk/road.  Awesomeness.

Zooma and its partner, Satya Jewelry, have created weekly mantra cards for all the runners to guide us on our training journey.  This week's mantra is:


When I first read it, I thought "wouldn't that have been a better mantra to save for later on in our training, when the going gets tough?"  But now, after making myself go out and run in the rain on a holiday, I realize that maybe this is the perfect mantra for week 1.  It takes diligence in the beginning before we can ever make it to the middle or the end of our training journey.  We must stay focused, stay committed, and stay on track with our plan, no matter what life or Mother Nature throws at us.  Plus, it feels pretty darn good to get up and log those miles before most people have even finished their morning cup o' joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment