Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Running isn't always about running

Sometimes it's about building muscle through strength training.  Sometimes it's about walking because your muscles are sore from all the strength training you did.  And sometimes, it's about taking a little break because you know you have 2 races and a training run to get through over the next 4 days.  Yowza. 

Know what feels really good to me?  After a long, hard, trying, stressful, tearful, generally terrible day, all I want to do is go for a run.  Seriously.  That concept still sounds so foreign to me, but it's true.  It's all I could think about this afternoon when my patience was hanging by a thread and the knot in the pit of my stomach wouldn't go away.  Must. Get. Out. And. Run.  When you pound the pavement and blast your music and breathe in the air and feel your muscles working and your heart pumping, and when your mind, spirit and body become one - cheesy as that sounds - it feels SO FREAKING GOOD.  Even if it hurts a little.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you've gotten back to this! Love reading your stuff. I think writing about a lot of different subjects is more interesting, by the way. Also love the new format.

    ReplyDelete