Monday, January 23, 2012

New year, new blog and other cliches

Over the past - sheesh - 4 months since I last posted on this blog (guilty as charged), I've been thinking a lot about what I want this blog to be.  In the beginning it was to be a blog about running.  A chronicle of my training efforts for my first half marathon, which I ran in November.  Problem is, I didn't run every day, so I didn't have something running related to write about every day.  And, I found myself wanting to write about other things...life, in general.  See, I told you there would be other cliches.  Anyhow, for anyone who cares to read this, I hereby declare this blog a blog about whatever the hell I want it to be, on any given day.  It's MINE and I can do what I want with it.  (Dear lord, I really have been spending too much time with my almost 3-year old, haven't I??)  See?  There!  I wrote something about my child!  The fact is, I anticipate that a lot of what I write about WILL be running or fitness or health related, because those are my passions.  But be forewarned, I may also slip in an anecdote here or there about my family, or my friends, or my career (non-existent at the moment), or music, or the great deal I found, or my dream to become a writer.  Which, from this post, seems a bit far-fetched, dontcha think?.  So sit back and enjoy the ride with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment