Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Fitness fashion (yes, it does exist)

Today, with a hint of Spring in the air and a new assortment of springtime colors at the Lucy boutique, I am feeling inspired to write about one of my favorite subjects: fashion.  It's a good thing that running, gym and yoga clothes are so cute and stylish these days, because that's what 95% of my current wardrobe is comprised of.  Before you dub me as a stereotypical stay-at-home mom who cavorts around town in a jogging suit, let me remind you that I wear these clothes not to look like the latest Juicy model, but because I actually run, work out at the gym and do yoga in them.  Like, every day.  For me they are functional!  When I'm not engaged in those activities, I am engaged in whatever activities my almost 3 year old is doing, which usually involves running (chasing), roughhousing and playing outside.  Again, I NEED clothes that are comfy and moisture wicking, and cute, to boot!

Let me show you an example.  After my run this morning in my favorite Brooks Infiniti Capris and The North Face top, I showered and changed into this ensemble, courtesy of Lucy:

Cute, n'est pas?  If only you could see the ruching on the sleeves better.
Here is another pic to show the detail in the pants.  Yes, you can find your basic black leggings there (though there is nothing basic about them - the Powermax fabric is amazing!), but I love Lucy (ha) because of the little details.


















While I was there, I drooled over an ensemble that I will be purchasing the minute it goes on sale.  Or the minute I find a job.
Lotus Power Capri
X-Back Tank
Enchanted Cowlneck

I mean, you could wear this to yoga, to the gym, to the grocery store, to coffee with a friend, to a playdate, to anywhere your little sculpted tushy desires.  Love it.

I have a pretty strong opinion - and as always, take it with a grain of salt because it's only my opinion - that us moms owe it to ourselves to dress in things that make us feel pretty, sexy and confident.  Yes, it can be tough when we are changing clothes 8 times a day because our babies spit up on them, or in the midst of potty training when our toddlers...er, I'll leave that one to your imagination.  But really, I don't dress the way I do to impress anyone but myself.  I ENJOY feeling stylish and attractive.  Even if my hair's in a ponytail and Chap Stick is the only thing on my lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment